So, a group of pro-choice demonstrators formed the 3rd Pro Choice Food Drive for the Living (and Prayer/Positive Thought Chain) - a counter-protest (thus "breaking the chain") and food drive (the argument: the pro-life movement only cares about a child while still in the womb; afterwards, they don't want to provide assistance to help raise the child).
This is a brief overview of the counter-protest.
Some facts from the counter-protest Facebook page:
- More then 800 children in Kansas are currently in the foster care system, waiting to be adopted.
- The Base State Aid Per Pupil in Kansas Schools has been cut by over $500 (again- PER PUPIL) because of our Governor.
- The average age of a homeless person in Kansas City is 7 years old.
- Nearly 5,000 disabled Kansans are currently on a waiting list to receive necessary services.
- Kansas has changed it's requirements for food assistance, and an
estimated 20,000 Kansans will soon find themselves ineligible for
assistance. At the same time, nearly 35% of children in the Shawnee
Mission School district alone qualify for free or reduced lunches.